Underground Asset Location training - Nulca Accredited RIICCM202E
2 days , dates and booking
Important note about this course and Certified Locators:
By completing this course you are NOT automatically a Certified Locator™.
Please be aware some major utilities, such as Telstra, specify that access and the location of their assets must be completed by a Certified Locator. Without this certification, any location activities involving their assets, such as accessing pits, manholes, etc, are considered unauthorised.
Some civil constructors also require utility location services to be completed by locators who are certified. Locator certification is a separate accreditation process that is managed by DYBD Certification Ltd. The process comprises a theory and field competency assessment. For information on how to become a Certified Locator please visit the DBYD Certification website.
NULCA Underground Asset Location
This course is for all Locators in Telecommunications, Power, Water,Gas and local councils wishing to improve their skills as a locator.
If you require training in any locations not listed, please contact us
This 2-day course covers:
- Asset location basics – the transmitter and receiver
- Signal trace frequencies
- Effects of different soil conditions
- Locate signal injection and grounding
- Tracing techniques
- Blind searches
- Locator problems and solutions
- Dial Before You Dig
- NULCA location guidelines
- Uniform temporary marking of underground facilities, excavation an construction survey monuments
- Electronic marking and other locating techniques
- Safe systems of work
- Risk assessment and hazard identification
- Occupational health and safety training, instruction and information
National competency standard
RIICCM202E- Identify, locate and protect underground services
Learners will gain the skills to accurately locate and avoid damaging buried underground assets.